Challenging ourselves to bring new and original ways of thinking

What happens when I call Woomer & Talarico for a free legal consultation?

You can call our office 24/7 for free, without obligation, consultation about your case.  Once you determine you want us to represent you, we will represent you on a contingency fee where there will be no fee basis, unless we recover.  We advance all costs so there economic risk to your choice to pursue the case with Woomer & Talarico.  Call us for more details.

When should I call?

 You should call as soon as the injury occurs.  In many cases, evidence, memories, and witnesses all become foggy over time.  It is important to find the physical evidence and photograph it, measure it and record it at a time closest to the time of the accident.  Finally, there are also various limitations that can prevent you from being able to bring a case.  Call today, and give yourself your best chance of winning.

How much time do I have to file a claim after an accident?

The time period in which you have to file a claim depends on the type of case you have.  In workers’ compensation claims, you are required to give notice to your employer within 120 days of the injury.  In most personal injury claims, including auto accidents, slip and falls and medical malpractice there is a two year statute of limitations, but there are exceptions.  In some government cases, you need to give notice within 6 months.  Don’t let your failure to pick up the phone and ask us about your specific case prevent you from being able to file suit. Remember, it is a free consultation.

How do you prove my case?

Generally the burden of proof is upon the injured person to prove that his/her injury occurred as a result of the actions of another.  For 25 years, Woomer & Talarico has been successful in pursuing personal injury and workers’ compensation claims. Success usually requires hiring expert physicians, engineers, and architects, as well as vocational and economic experts to fulfill the burden of proof. In the high cost of today’s litigation, very few cases can be pursued without obtaining one of these highly skilled and paid experts. Woomer & Talarico advance all costs, and if we lose, there is no obligation to repay the firm at all.  We eliminate all of your financial risk.  Call us now, so the best evidence remains available.

How long will it take?

The length of time that a case takes to reach resolution again varies greatly.  There are cases we have settled within hours, and there are also cases that a few years to reach their conclusion.  The only true statement about the time it takes to handle a case is…”the longer you wait, the longer it takes.”

Do I have a case?

Many times, the question of “Do I have a case?” is easily answered.  Some cases are quite obvious, but other cases are not so obvious.  For over 25 years, we have been investigating and uncovering the facts to determine the liable parties.  Many times the parties who are most liable are not obvious, and can be missed in the normal circumstances.  This can prevent the finding of extra layers of insurance, which can mean all the difference.  For example, property maintenance companies and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation are two defendants that are sometimes over-looked by people when they inquire if they have a case.  Call us for a free consultation to determine if you have a case.

What if I can’t work after my injury?

There are many different avenues that should be explored if your injury prevents you from working.  First and foremost, was the injury during the course of employment, and, if so, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits.  You can also receive disability benefits from the State and Federal government and/or private health insurance.  Finally, if you are injured in an automobile accident, Pennsylvania Law requires that First Party wage loss benefits be part of the insurance policy, and that can provide income loss protection. Call our office for a free assessment of your wage loss claim.

What if I can’t travel to your office?

The attorneys of Woomer & Talarico, LLC will visit you at your home, the accident scene, in the hospital, or any other place convenient for you.  It is our desire to make our business relationship as convenient as possible for you.

What should I know about social media to protect my rights after an accident?

Anything you do and/or say on social media can and will used against you by the insurance companies.  The best piece of advice is that you should stay completely off of social media during the pendency of your claim.  Anything in social media, including private pages, will be discoverable by the insurance companies, and can be twisted to their advantage.

What is Compensation for “pain and suffering” after an accident?

The law allows for individuals to be compensated for non-economic damages.  These non-economic damages are typically known as pain and suffering.  However, there are four major types of pain and suffering recognized by the law.

  1. Disfigurement;
  2. Loss of the pleasures of life;
  3. Embarrassment and humiliation;
  4. Physical pain

It is up to an attorney to present this evidence in a manner which will maximize recovery. In many cases pain and suffering is the only item of damages applicable.  Therefore, it is even more important that evidence is developed to maximize your recovery.


How do I get my lost wages after an accident?

Lost wages is one of the major reasons people seek the help of our law firm. The type of a case involved determines how lost wages are recovered. Most auto policies contain a lost wage provision.  In medical malpractice and slip and fall accident cases, lost wages make up an item of damages that are requested of the jury.  In workers’ compensation cases, the workers’ compensation statute provides for replacement of lost wages at certain percentage, based upon employee average weekly wage. Please contact an attorney at Woomer & Talarico to ask for a free consultation about how you can your lost recover wages.

Should I talk to an insurance company, and what should I sign?

The first thing that any victim of an accident should know is to never discuss the case with the insurance company, nor sign anything at their request.  The insurance company employs experienced, highly-paid adjusters whose job it is to eliminate or lessen the amount of money they have to pay to injured people.  Nothing they are doing should be considered to be on the injured person’s behalf.  Please tell the insurance company that you are not interested in speaking to them, and you’ll have our attorney contact them.

How much will I have to pay?

The answer to this question is nothing! Woomer & Talarico handles every case on a contingency fee basis where there will be no legal cost to the client, unless there is a favorable outcome.  Furthermore, Woomer & Talarico is one of a select group of firms that advance all costs and expect no repayment if the case is lost.  Therefore, there is no economic risk to retaining Woomer & Talarico.  The next step is yours, call us today.

What is my case worth?

Every case is worth something different.  Although it would be impossible for us to tell you the value of your case without hearing the specific details, the Verdicts and Settlement page may give you some information as to the value of cases handled before.  Please call us for a free consultation, and we can let us put our experience to work for you and give you an idea if we believe your case is worth pursuing.

Who pays my medical bills?

Medical bill payment is also dependent upon the type of case.  In a workers’ compensation case, the workers’ compensation insurance company is required to pay all medical bills if they are determined to be related to a work injury.  In a civil case, medical bills are classified as an item of damages, and can be presented to the jury to ask them to give you money to pay the bill.  Generally, in civil cases medical bills are part of the negotiated settlement, while in workers’ compensation they are usually up and above the settlement amount.   Contact us for free advice about who is responsible for your medical bills.